Join Our Community AND...
- Graduate from high school or pass a high school exit exam
- Earn a certificate that helps you get a better job
- Start community college, feeling ready and financially supported
- Get paid to learn skills and explore career opportunities at a local company
- Become JOB READY: Know where to find and apply for jobs and ace your interviews
- Our team supports your success!
Requirements to Participate
- 18-24 years old
- Automatically eligible if you have not finished high school
- Automatically eligible if you live in any of the following zip codes: 92102, 92105, 92113, 92114, 92115, 92139
- Looking for a “better” or “career” job
- Ready to commit time to setting and achieving goals
In an effort to provide students with a safe environment, orientations for the San Diego Gateway to College and Careers program will be conducted through remote means. Orientation dates for the Fall 2020 will follow soon.
In an effort to slow the spread of the Coronavirus and keeping our students and staff safe, we are unable to conduct face-face services at this time. However, we are dedicated to supporting you in preparation for educational opportunities, employment and job search activities and supportive services. Therefore, until further notice we will be available to communicate with you through email and by phone. We thank you in advance for your patience and look forward to working with you through this uncertain time.
More About the Gateway Program
Sponsored by San Diego Continuing Education Foundation, we envision empowered young adults able to imagine their possibilities for achieving self- sufficiency and engaging in actions that create emotional, social, and financial sustainability and well-being.
Committed to alleviating youth disconnection, we serve opportunity youth by creating a compassionate educational community that provides individualized and intensive support, wrap around services, guided pathways to college and career, employment driven learning opportunities, and subsidized work experience.
Contact UsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 619-388-4880
San Diego Gateway to College and Careers Staff
- Dolores Valdes Benson, Program Manager email@example.com
- Anisha Jackson, Case Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victor Gonzalez, Case Manager email@example.com
- Mario Montez, Business Services Representative firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Lewis, Dean email@example.com
San Diego Gateway to College and Career is partially funded by The San Diego Workforce Partnership, WIOA Title I. It is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.