Whether your next step is a job or transitioning to college, the Career and College staff helps you define what skills you have that are valuable to an employer. Job developers and career counselors at every campus provide a wide range of no-cost services to San Diego Continuing Education students looking to build career and leadership skills, further academic studies, find and capture employment opportunities, and develop personally and professionally.
We will help you with:
- Learning job search strategies
- Writing, critiquing and revising resumes and cover letters
- Learning and practicing interview skills, strategies and techniques
- Finding and applying for full-time and part-time jobs
- Networking with professionals in a field of interest
- Transition to college
Be prepared to talk about your interests, skills, and abilities. The more you take stock of yourself, the easier it is to make a good career decision, create your resume and sell yourself in the interview to get the job you want. Whatever your goals, we're here to help you reach your full academic and professional potential. Visit the Career and Transition Centers to make an appointment.
Services for Students
- Job Search
Working with job developers search for job openings, explore internships, learn about career events and workshops, participate in on-campus interviews, and have access to a directory of employers.
- Job Fairs, Employer Mixers or Employer Spotlights
We regularly host employer events that put you in direct contact with companies who are hiring.
- Building Your Career Skills
Get hands-on practice with interview techniques, crafting resumes, and making a great first impression on potential employers.
- Transfer information
Interested in advancing your knowledge and degree? Find out what you can to do prepare.
- Career Counseling
Career counselors are dedicated to helping you develop skills, explore a career or choose an educational program that will lead to a career. Get help with:
- Aptitude and achievement assessments to help clients evaluate your interests, skills and abilities
- Develop realistic goals by evaluating your background, education and training
- Make decisions about careers, such as choosing a new profession and different types of degrees to pursue
- How to resolve problems in the workplace, such as conflicts with bosses or coworkers
- Select and apply for educational programs, to obtain the necessary degrees, credentials, and skills
- Transition to credit college programs
- Additional resources to support career goals
Job Readiness Workshops
|Interview Workshop||03-10-2021||Jennifer K.||Register for Interview Workshop 03-10-2021||1:00pm||2:00pm|
|Resume Workshop||03-16-2021||Karl C.||Register for Resume Workshop 03-16-2021||2:30pm||3:30pm|
|Interview Workshop||04-13-2021||Zuri W.||Register for Interview Workshop 04-13-2021||1:30pm||2:30pm|
|Resume Workshop||04-16-2021||Sandy H.||Register for Resume Workshop 04-16-2021||2:30pm||3:30pm|
|Interview Workshop||05-20-2021||Clark W.||Register for Interview Workshop 05-20-2021||3:00pm||4:00pm|
|Resume Workshop||05-24-2021||Jennifer K.||Register for Resume Workshop 05-24-2021||11:00am||12:00pm|
|Resume Workshop||06-17-2021||Sandy H.||Register for Resume Workshop 06-17-2021||9:30am||10:30am|
|Interview Workshop||06-24-2021||Zuri W.||Register for Interview Workshop 06-24-2021||6:30pm||7:30pm|