SDCE Curriculum Committee
- Curriculum Committee Webpage
- Committee Roster
- Committee Meeting Dates
- Agenda Deadlines and Curriculum Approval Dates
Course Outlines and Catalog
- Course Outline of Record template
- Distance Education (DE) Addendum to Course Outline of Record (required for DE approval)- required for all courses proposed for distance education or changes to distance education modality. Coming Soon- Contact SDCE Curriculum Analyst, Desiree Payne for form.
- Course Outline Guidelines
- Labor Market Information (LMI) form for CTE (vocational) curriculum *LMI data reflecting high employment demand required for short-term vocation certificate programs.
- New/Substantially Revised Curriculum Approval Process flowchart- Coming Soon- Under Review/Update
- Revised Curriculum Approval Process flowchart- Coming Soon- Under Review/Update
- Program Course Approval Handbook, 7th Ed.
- ASCCC Course Outline of Record: A Curriculum Reference Guide
- Technical Review Planning Form - For questions regarding developing new curriculum or revising existing curriculum, please email SDCE Curriculum Analyst, Desiree Payne, and SDCE Curriculum Committee Chair, Richard Gholson.
San Diego Continuing Education to City, Mesa or Miramar College Credit by Exam
The goal of CTE Transitions Credit by Exam agreements between SDCE and San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar College is to provide SDCE career education students with opportunities to accelerate college degree completion through the development and maintenance of agreements that allow students to earn college credit by successfully completing approved career education courses and/or programs at SDCE.
The SDCE Credit By Exam Instruction Certification form should be completed only by SDCE Instructors who have taught a course or courses tied to active CTE Transitions Credit by Exam agreements between SDCE and San Diego City, Mesa or Miramar College.
SDCE faculty teaching a Credit By Exam course:
- Provide CTE Transitions Program Credit by Exam information to your students within your class syllabus and during the first week of class. Ensure the students are aware they may be eligible for college credit.
- Fully integrate the college approved final exam or portfolio process into your course. Administer the approved final exam or portfolio to all students participating in the course.
- Grade all students participating in the course (final exam/portfolio grade and overall course grade)
- Complete a SDCE Credit By Exam Instructor Certification Form for eligible students. Submit a separate form for each eligible student.
User guide is also available to assist with completing the form, https://www.sdccd.edu/docs/ISPT/workforce/docs/SDCEtoCollege-InstructorCertificationForm-Guide.pdf
Student eligibility requirements, list of agreements, and additional information can be found on SDCCD’s CTE Transitions SDCE Credit By Exam webpage, https://www.sdccd.edu/about/departments-and-offices/instructional-services-division/workforce-and-economic-development/cte-transitions-credit-by-exam/sdce-to-college.aspx
Other Curriculum Resources
- District Curriculum Services-Resources for Curriculum
- California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office- Curriculum and Instruction Unit
If you have any questions regarding SDCE curriculum, please contact Desiree Payne, SDCE Curriculum Analyst.