The Technology Committee assesses the current status of technology in the delivery of services to San Diego Continuing Education students and develops a strategic information technology plan.
The committee serves in an advisory capacity to faculty, staff and administrators on matters pertaining to instructional, administrative, and student services computing, telecommunications and other technologies.
- Update and maintain an annual plan that is integrated with the Strategic Plan
- Discuss and make recommendations to the Budget Committee for use of budget allocations
- Discuss and make recommendations for all technology, including instructional, operational and communication technology
- Collaborate with district technology-oriented committees
- Evaluate student services, enrollment, and retention patterns as influenced by technology
- Support distance education instruction
- Vice President, Administrative Services,Co-chair
- Academic Senate President or designee, Co-chair
- Vice President, Student or Instructional Services
- Dean, Institutional Effectiveness
- Dean, Instructional or Student Services
- Faculty (4)
- Supervisory (2)
- Classified (2)
- SDCE Information Technology representative
- Associated Students (1)
This committee meets once each month at a regularly scheduled time.