The Faculty Priority Hiring Committee oversees development of the contract faculty hiring priorities for San Diego Continuing Education. Recommendations from this committee are directed to the Executive Governance Council for final recommendation to the President.
- Develop a contract faculty priority hiring list based on program review materials
- Revise priority hiring list on an annual basis to reflect institutional needs
- Represent constituencies, collaborate with colleagues, and remain objective during meetings
- Vice President, Instructional Services, Co-chair
- Academic Senate Chair of Program Chairs, Co-chair
- All Deans with Contract Faculty Assignments
- All program chairs/co-program chairs that have been elected or appointed during the academic year (total will vary based on number of faculty serving as co-chairs)
- Classified Professionals (2) appointed by Classified Senate
This committee meets each semester and after the annual program review has been completed for the institution. Additional meetings may occur as needed.