In support of the institution’s Mission and Core Values, the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee goals and activities embrace the rich foundation of the culturally and ethnically diverse student body, faculty, classified professionals and administration. Knowing that educational experiences in inclusive environments best prepare students to thrive in a global society, the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee works to eliminate barriers and obstacles while creating opportunities for people to engage, understand and respect others’ perspectives, values, beliefs, traditions and world views as different from their own, especially those from historically marginalized and underrepresented groups.
- Assure that diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded into the fabric of the institution, including the structure, the curriculum and the campus environment
- Develop, initiate and support programs and activities that increase understanding of social justice and equitable practices
- Support the removal of barriers to student success and provide resources for historically underrepresented groups
- Improve cross-cultural relations
- Foster campus climates that are inclusive, supportive and welcoming for everyone
- Exemplify the mandates contained in Board Policies related to the District’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Diversity Coordinator, Chair
- Vice President, Instructional Services
- Vice President, Student Services
- Dean, Student Services (1)
- Dean, Student Affairs (1)
- Faculty (1) from each Academic Program
- Classified Professional (1)
- Associated Students (1)
This committee meets once each month at a regularly scheduled time. Meetings may be virtual or face-to-face.