The role of the Budget Committee is to make recommendations to the Executive Governance Council, optimizing resource allocations from all sources to accomplish the institutional mission.
- Ensure budget recommendations will carry out the mission of San Diego Continuing Education (SDCE) as delineated in the Strategic Plan
- Review the budget allocation model of SDCE
- Establish general calendars to include identifying due dates for Instructional Equipment and Library Materials (IELM) and other Instructional Improvement Funds
- Analyze the impact of budget reductions/increases
- Justify the level of any additional funding in program allocations required to provide an appropriate schedule of classes and level of services
- Justify the level of any reduction in funding in program allocations
- Ensure represented constituents are apprised of the budget development process and solicit input as needed
- Vice President, Administrative Services, Co-chair
- Academic Senate President, Co-chair
- Program representatives (9) to include Deans or Chairs, to be determined by committee co-chairs
- Special Projects Manager
- Faculty from Academic Programs (1+)
- Faculty from Student Services (1)
- Faculty from Career Technical Education (1+)
- Accounting Supervisor
- Classified (1)
- Associated Students (1) Administrators are appointed as warranted.
This committee meets once each month at a regularly scheduled time.