The Basic Skills Steering Committee coordinates the Basic Skills Initiative (BSI) Action Plan, which is a significant instructional effort at San Diego Continuing Education. This committee was formed to be the central location where issues could be raised and decisions could be made to address the needs across basic skills Action Plan implementation.
- Provide coordinating leadership for the Basic Skills Action Plan implementation;
- Provide sustained communication between the impacted deans and faculty;
- Provide updates to the Academic Senate as needed; and
- Produce a report regarding the Action Plan implementation and the next steps for San Diego Continuing Education.
- BSI Coordinator, Chair
- Vice President, Instruction
- Dean, Adult Secondary Education
- Dean, Counseling and Student Services
- Program Chair or Assistant Chair from ESL
- Program Chair or Faculty from DSPS
- Program Chair or designee from ABE/ASE
- Counseling Faculty
The selection and length of term of the BSI Coordinator is at the discretion of the Vice President of Instruction.
This committee meets once each month at a regularly scheduled time.