Academic Senate Professional Development (travel request) Instructions can be found below.
All documents must be submited to Academic Senate 4-5 weeks before conference/travel.
STEP 1. Fill out the CONFERENCE/TRAVEL PRE-AUTHORIZATION form.
- Send form and all supporting documents to Program Chair (or Dean).
- Program Chair (or Dean) approval required.
- Program Chair (or Dean) will send the approved request to Academic Senate Treasurer.
STEP 2. Faculty member will receive confirmation from Academic Senate Treasurer.
- Confirmation will be sent via email.
*Need assistance with STEP 3 and/or STEP 4 (submitting a TA/ER)? Please contact Business Services (ECC) at (619) 388-4821.
STEP 3. Before travel, create your TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION (TA) through PeopleSoft. UPDATED Instructions as of 10/08/19.
- Faculty member will recieve approval email. Example email.
- Faculty member might also recieve an email if the TA was not approved.
- Recommend to not travel until the TA is approved.
STEP 4. After travel, complete your TRAVEL EXPENSE REPORT (ER) through PeopleSoft. UPDATED Instructions as of 06/07/19.
- Must be completed within 10 days of returning.
Academic Senate Conference Travel 101 Flex Workshop powerpoint, can be found below.
CA Assembly Bill AB 1887 prohibits state-funded and state-sponsored travel to certain states. Please check the CA Dept of Justice website for up to date information.
Questions? Please contact Academic Senate Treasurer.
Olivia Flores, Counselor, Cesar Chavez Campus