San Diego Gateway to College and Career (SDG2CC) supports the community by building pathways for disconnected youth to earn a high school diploma or high school equivalency; connections to employment and internship opportunities; an Apprenticeship Readiness Program, and support to transition to college.
Students who have previously withdrawn from high school due to life circumstances are encouraged to apply and complete a high school diploma (HSD) or high school equivalency (HSE) in a college-based program while simultaneously earning college-level skills that lead to postsecondary certificates. SDG2CC connects students to the community to ensure they are college prepared and career ready.
SDG2CC students thrive in the program and community partners who support SDG2CCC receive regular updates about the success of students in the program.
Sponsored by the San Diego Continuing Education Foundation, we envision empowered young adults able to imagine their possibilities for achieving self-sufficiency and engaging in actions that create emotional, social, and financial sustainability and well-being.
Committed to alleviating youth disconnection, we serve opportunity youth by creating a compassionate educational community that provides individualized and intensive support, wrap around services, guided pathways to college and career, employment driven learning opportunities and subsidized work experience.
Visit the SDG2CC Opportunity Youth Resource Center at the Educational Cultural Complex link to campus info or put the photo and address, location link as you did on CCTC but only for ECC to learn more about the program and seek support from staff. The Center has a student computer lab and dedicated academic counseling available for students.
San Diego Gateway to College and Career (SDG2CC) Program Participation Requirements:
- 18-24 years old
- Complete an eligibility assessment
- Meet with a caseworker
- Attend orientations
- Complete San Diego Continuing Education’s College and Career Readiness course
- Commit to setting and achieving goals
Note: Potential students can automatically meet eligibility requirements if you have not finished high school or if you live in any of the following ZIP codes: 92102, 92105, 92113, 92114, 92115, 92139
Looking for a better job? Looking for a career?
- Join the SDG2CC community
- Graduate from high school or pass the high school equivalency (HSE) or GED
- Earn a job training certificate that supports your employment goals
- Prepare to start college, feeling ready and financially supported
- Explore career opportunities and achieve workplace skills in paid internships with local companies
- Become college prepared and career ready with career services that help you to find, apply and interview for jobs
After completion of our program, SDG2CC will help you become part of the Promise Program as you transition to college.
The SDG2CC Program team is here to support your success!
1. Attend a mandatory orientation at:
San Diego Continuing Education
Gateway Resource Center Room C120
4343 Ocean View Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92113
If you meet program eligibility requirements, you will be assigned a coach or "Case Manager" who will meet with you to set goals and make a plan for your future. Appointments are strongly encouraged. Drop-ins are welcome.
Orientation dates are updated monthly and subject to change:
2. Complete a San Diego Gateway to College and Career (SDG2CC) application
3. Make an appointment to interview with SDG2CC staff
4. Submit eligibility documentation
5. Meet with a SDG2CC counselor
6. Enroll in San Diego Continuing Education’s College and Career Readiness course