CalWORKS at San Diego Continuing Education helps students achieve self-sufficiency through education and job training opportunities. Students who receive cash aid are eligible for SDCE’s CalWorks Program. Student support services include dedicated coordinators and advocates, academic and career counseling, paid work study, job search and placement services, and assistance with reimbursement requests for education and work study costs including, but not limited to: material fees, mileage, textbooks, transportation, and/or testing fee funding requests with CalWORKS case managers. CalWORKs is available at all seven SDCE campuses. Please contact (619)388-4933 for more information.
We believe in...
- Supporting students’ progress towards self-sufficiently through education
- Preparing students to be successful learners and achievers
- Coordinating services to meet the needs of our students
- Collaborating and partnering with community organizations
- Advocacy as an effective tool to serve and support our unique student population
- The power of the individual
- Respecting the value and diversity of each individual
- Personal responsibility, accountability, integrity and commitment
CalWORKs @ Mid City Campus
CalWORKs @ All other campuses