As part of the AEBG Strategic Planning process (due in June 2019), the State AEBG/AEP office is providing access to training and planning support for consortiums. A key element of this assistance is the upcoming training in Human Centered Design (HCD) offered through Acumen and a partnership between the State AEBG/AEP Office, the American Institutes for Research, and West Ed. This training is highly recommended by the State to support our AEBG Consortium Strategic Planning process.
The SDAERC has identified a design team of both SDCE and SDUSD participants to participate in this state supported training. It’s comprised of online "courses", or modules, that are self-paced. The SDAERC team will meet to review the modules and work on a relevant Design Challenge. The SDAERC HCD Team will also receive virtual coaching supporting our local in team meetings .
The HCD initiative consists of five (5) phases:
- Listen to the Informational Webinar click here
- Five (5) week class over 9 weeks starting September 11th through November 13th focused on a challenge picked by the HCD team
- Four (4) week prototype and testing phase
- Celebration of challenge “winners”
- Participation in mentoring for our region
The SDAERC HCD Team will pick a Design Challenge, starting with the question of “How might we…?”
More Information about SDAERC's HCD Design Team:
- What is the purpose of the HCD Design Teams?
- HCD Team is meant to improve, enhance, or develop an experience that will benefit our Adult Education students
- HCD is from a process from the perspective of students
- HCD process is not a traditional “course” (with lectures etc.) but rather an online platform where we will have access to all the materials
- HCD Team will provide the SDAERC with an opportunity for a joint team made of SDUSD and SDCE representatives to learn about the HCD process and work on a specific Design Challenge to help further the work of the SDAERC
- What is the benefit of the HDC for the SDAERC?
- Based on research in organizational psychology, teams that develop shared routines are better equipped
- Able to leverage the unique talents of members
- Strengthen our professional relationships
- What will the SDAERC HCD Team do?
- Review Kick Off PowerPoint & Webinar call from 8/30
- Develop a Design Challenge
- Can be refined as the work of the group process evolves
- Sign up on the online HCD platform (available 9/11)
- Become familiar with all the HCD process and modules on the online platform
- Work on the Design Challenge
- Note: This is not a linear process, its free flowing and meant to be - There is no pass/fail - Whatever we put in is what we will get out of it! No right or wrong? No pressure!