AEBG (Adult Education Block Grant)
San Diego Continuing Education is part of an Adult Education Block Grant (AEBG) Regional Consortium along with San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD). The purpose of the San Diego Adult Education Regional Consortium (SDAERC) is to provide governance and oversight for the implementation of AEBG funds allocated as a result of State Legislation called AB 86 (2013) and subsequent legislation called AB 104 (2015).
AEBG funds are provided under the administration of the State of California including the Chancellor of the California Community Colleges and the Superintendent of Public Instruction with the intent to expand and improve the provision of adult education programs across the state and to support adult learners to successfully transition into postsecondary training and the workforce. For more information about AEBG, see the state website.
Priority Areas for AEBG:
- Integrate existing programs and create seamless transitions into postsecondary education or the workforce;
- Address the gaps identified within its region;
- Employ approaches proven to accelerate a student's progress toward his or her academic or career goals;
- Collaborate in the provision of ongoing professional development opportunities for faculty and other staff to help them achieve greater program integration and improve student outcomes;
- Leverage existing regional structures, including, but not limited to, with local workforce investment areas.
For more information about the SDAERC, please use these links or contact the San Diego Continuing Education President’s Office at 619-388-4990
- Governance Document
- SDAERC Three-Year Plan
- SDAERC Public Meetings