The Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (PIE) Committee advances integrated planning throughout San Diego Continuing Education (SDCE). The committee is responsible for assuring SDCE's planning framework is consistent with accreditation criterion, and guides the institutional assessment, evaluation and coordination of activities leading to institutional effectiveness and improvement.
PIE may establish sub-committees to carry out specific objectives of the committee. These sub-committees will report directly back to the PIE. The committee shall serve in an advisory capacity reporting directly to the President’s Cabinet.
- Support integrated planning efforts
- Support the development of the educational master plan and strategic plan
- Support ongoing connection between program and department planning activities and institutional planning processes
- Support the development of standard data reports needed to support planning and evaluation activities
- Recommend systematic mechanisms to assess the institution's progress toward meeting its goals
- Conduct an annual review of the Planning for Institutional Effectiveness (PIE) and to assess the institution's progress toward its goals and make recommendations to create or revise existing goals
- Inform the campus about institutional effectiveness efforts
- Discuss and make recommendations to the Budget Committee for use of budget allocations and confirm integration with current strategic plan
- Support District strategic planning efforts
- Evaluate changes to student services and enrollment and retention patterns as influenced by integrated planning
- Dean, Institutional Effectiveness, Co-chair
- Academic Senate Officer, Co-chair
- Vice President, Instruction
- Vice President, Student Services
- Dean of Deans
- Faculty (4)
- Supervisory (1)
- Classified (2)
- Research and Planning Analyst (1)
Note: District Strategic Planning Committee liaison must be a member
This committee meets once each month at a regularly scheduled time.