The Faculty Priority Hiring Committee oversees development of the contract faculty hiring priorities for San Diego Continuing Education. Recommendations from this committee are directed to the Executive Governance Council for final recommendation to the President.
- Develop a contract faculty priority hiring list based on program review materials
- Revise this list on an annual basis to reflect institutional needs
- Represent constituencies, collaborate with colleagues, and remain objective during meetings
- Vice President, Instruction, Co-chair
- Academic Senate Chair of Program Chairs, Co-chair
- Deans (All)
- All program chairs/co-program chairs that have been elected or appointed during the academic year (total will vary based on number of faculty serving as co-chairs)
- Academic Senate (2)
- Classified Senate (2)
This committee meets each semester and after the annual program review has been completed for the institution. Additional meetings may occur as needed.