The Classified Hiring Priority Committee reviews the vacant positions that have existed in San Diego Continuing Education since the beginning of the District-wide hiring freeze, as well as any other vacant positions that currently exist due to retirements or other structural changes. The role of the committee is to make an initial priority vacancy list recommendation to the Executive Governance Council for final disposition. Upon creation of the initial priority list, the Committee may meet in reduced form as needed.
- Identify positions which have been frozen, vacant or otherwise unfilled
- Utilize the unfilled positions list to assist in prioritizing and refilling positions as funds become available
- Take into consideration programmatic needs and institutional efficiency and operational productivity.
- Vice-President, Administrative Services,
- Classified Senate President, Co-chair
- Program Dean (1)
- Dean, Student Services (1)
- Dean, Counseling
- Academic Faculty (2) appointed by the
- Academic Senate
- Counselor (1) identified by the Counseling faculty and appointed by the Academic Senate
- Senior Office Manager (1)
- Classified (10)
- Accounting (1)
- Administrative Technician (1)
- Clerical Assistants (1)
- College Police (1)
- Facilities/Main./Ops. (1)
- Information Technology (1)
- Instruction/Instructional Assistants (2)
- Student Services (2)
This committee meets as needed, and generally not more than once each year.