Examples of jobs you may be qualified for after completion of this program:
- Multimedia Artists and Animators $35/hr.
- Graphic Designers $26/hr.
- Web Developers $36/hr.
Salary information from O*Net.
875 hours. Complete in 36 weeks. Through a hands-on, portfolio-based approach, the Interactive Media Certificate Program (IMCP) gives you a working knowledge of the exciting and creative fields of print, video, animation and web design. Learn technical skills necessary to be ready for employment in the digital media and design industry.
You will learn:
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
- Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Animate CC, Sound Editing Applications
- HTML Editors, Brackets, Dreamweaver and Coda
- Develop projects from concept and design to production and delivery
- How to Integrate design basics, color, type, and graphics
- Project Planning / Production / Presentation
- Information Architecture
- Photo Manipulation
- Page Layout
- Basic Principles of Design
- Color Theory
- Graphic User Interface (GUI)
- Copyright Laws
- Output Techniques
- 2D Image Creation
- Computer and Video Hardware Basics
- Video Editing
- Video and Photo Lighting Basics
- Digital Delivery Platforms
- Web Design
- HTML5 and CSS Coding
- Portfolio Creation
Includes traditional classroom and online teaching with team activities and the creation of your own portfolio of projects for sharing with future employers. Many graduates go on to work as freelance designers or entrepreneurs, while others blend their digital media skills into new or existing occupations. Work opportunities can vary depending on your portfolio of work, artistic ability, technical proficiency and your interpersonal skills.
Three modules cover print, multimedia and web design. Learn to plan, design and create computer-based digital media using a selection of industry-standard software tools. Portfolio projects include Adobe Photoshop manipulations, illustrations, page layouts with logos, newsletters and web designs, plus animations, videos, marketing and educational materials, and web sites.
Students are recommended to have a basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop; an interest in creativity; file management skills, and oral and written communication skills. Weekly classes meet 15 hours in-class plus 10 hours online. Morning, afternoon and evening classes available.